Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Remember Karen...

We had set up a poster-board at the funeral and sticky notes for people to write down their memories of Karen.  I though I should post some of the funny and nice ones for others to see.

-I remember when I was playing soocer and I axadly hit her
-Her shining smile
-I remember Karen was an excellent friend, helpful & hugger
-I remember taking Karen skiing! She took the chair lift up and rode the snowmobile down because she hurt her knee. She was not happy!
-I remember when she got mad at us because we got to close to the river in their backyard
-I remember Karen baking the best dessert I ever had
-I remember the soccer fields, the lattees, the long walks and the long talks
-Funy
-I remember how helpful she was with the kids
-I loved how matter of fact your mother was. I loved that she was as quick to accept a hug as she was to give one
-The first time I met Karen, I knew she was going to marry Doug! I looked at her and said, this mans gonna marry you! Sure enough it wasn't long after...

There are tons more notes but for now that's all I'll post.

And I'll pass it over to Dad...
Things are quieting down and we are off to a soccer meeting soon - the start of a new routine I guess.  This morning we took Paul to the airport and said goodbye as he returned home to his family.  There are so many people to thank for all they did over the last week and every one was important and appreciated but I need to specifically thank my "keep it all together guy" for walking with me this last week - words can't express how much I appreciate it.
Back to Jen...
As Dad said, thanks so much to everyone that helped us this past week.  We appreciate it SO much.  I'm going to end this with a comment from one of the Mom's earlier posts, which is also the quote her eulogy ended with.  'We can't chose the path of our life, but we can chose how we live it.'
Jen