Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bonjour!

Hey everyone!  This is a really late post but Dad promised me I could have a post to myself about my school Quebec trip.

So we started our journey at the Winnipeg Airport at 3:30 am!  (no that's not a typo, we really were up that early)  When we landed in Montreal we got on our bus to go to Quebec City.  By that evening the teachers were stuck with a bunch of tired teenagers.

Wow Quebec City is really beautiful.  During our 3 days in Quebec City we did lots of walking, went to the Citadelle, the Plains of Abraham, Montmorency Falls, Ste Anne du Beaupre Basilica, a copper museum, and I'Ile d'Orleans (where we had delicious ice cream and played on the banks of the St. Lawrence River)

After 3 busy days in Quebec City we boarded our bus for Montreal.  I was lucky enough to be able to meet up with my cousins there.  In Montreal we spent almost a full day at La Ronde - the huge 6 Flags amusement park.  Two of my friends and I went on a roller coaster (twice) that had a drop that was 86 degrees (down!) - SO FUN!  In Montreal we also went to the Biodome, the Olympic Park/Tower and went shopping on rue Ste Catherine.

When we got home there was a crowd of our families waiting for us (I've always wanted to be greeted by a crowd at the airport :) !)

All in all it was a great trip!  Probably the best week of my grade 7 school year!

Love
Jen