Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19th - update

Got my blood results today.  I'll start with the good news.  After the platelet transfusion yesterday my numbers increased to 36 from 14 - still not ready to crack open the bubbly or run with scissors but a start!

I guess unfortunately where there is good news, bad news must follow.  My white cells (germ fighters) are still running away (0.55) (normal is 4.5 to 11.0) - who can blame them  - I wanted to run from the chemo too!

I have been wearing a mask when I am out of the house.  I have quarantined myself in my room as the kids are just getting over colds.  Boy do I miss being with them!  For those of you with kids please give them extra hugs and kisses tonight.  I long for the day that I can cuddle in bed with them.  This is the hardest part of my fight - I miss them so much!

OK, to get back to something happy and funny.  I also regret never learning to "moonwalk" - as I have decided to call myself Michael Jackson.  Maybe once I am out of my so called "Bubble" I'll take dancing lesons and learn the "moonwalk"

Thanks again for all your prayers and positive thoughts.  I'd be lost without you!  Can't wait to see you all soon

Love
Karen