Friday, April 15, 2011

The New Normal!

I am just back from my outing to you guessed it - CancerCare!   I was initialy scheduled  for another transfusion on the weekeend.  That has been cancelled as the hematologist feels that my
bone marrow is slowly recovering.  My hemaglobin is up to 85 (normal 120-160).  The big excitement is that my platelets went up to 24 (normal 140-440)! He feels that these numbers will keep going up, but never get up to "textbook" normal.  Hey I'm just happy that I am not dizzy anymore!  I was tired of feeling like a blonde!  It doesn't take much for me to get excited these days!

So the plan is sit tight and more blood work next week, and to enjoy the appointment free weekend!!!!

Thanks for all the phone calls, drivers, visits and of course prayers!

Love you all,

Karen