Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Busy Week!

It's hard to believe how fast a week can come and go!  It was another whirlwind week!  Last week on Sunday we went to our daughter's beautiful choir concert.  On Thursday we had parent teacher interviews at the kid's school.  It was my first time in the school since I was diagnosed in November.  I miss being there!  Yesterday was the kids curling windup - I only lasted about 20 minutes - It was far too noisy!  The noise is still one thing that really bothers me!  The kids were both excited and very proud as they both came home with a trophy!  (every kid came home with a trophy!) 

On the Cancer Care front I went on a field trip to St. B Cancer Care on Monday as HSC had no room at the Inn! I had 2 units of Packed cells as my hemoglobin fell to 71.  I was back at HSC on Thursday bright and early for more platelets as they were down to 10.  All things considering not too bad for me - they often fall to the single digits!  My post transfusion platelets were 34!  My WBC's 6.19 - which is normal.  My hemoglobin hit 100!

Once again a big thank you for all the friends and family who have been thinking of us, praying for us and helping us.  We would be lost without you all!

Love Karen and family