Friday, March 4, 2011

A new reason for Hope!

Today was another busy day at CancerCare - we had to be there for 9am - the kids had no school so with them in tow we were off.  My platelets fell this am to 7 - not too bad for 5 days post transfusion.  My record was immeasurable once!  I had 1 unit of platelets and my 30 minute post transfusion level was 56.  Let's hope my marrow starts producing.  My hemoglobin was actually up a little on its own and my white blood cells are approaching normal!

The kids also had a fun outing today as their favourite "retired" baby sitter and her little girl took them for most of the day!  Thanks so much!

Doug met me back at CancerCare for lunch and then to see Dr. S for the MRI results.  I was dreading this day so much - I had convinced myself it would be more bad news.  The MRI showed that the chemo hit the tumor too and not just my bone marrow.  The tumor is still very much there but it has shrunk significantly.  Now we need to get my blood stable before he determines the next treatment.  It may be more oral chemo and/or IV chemo.  I know we still have a very long road ahead of us, but today was an uplifting day!

I know many of you have been praying and keeping us in your thoughts - we don't know how to say thanks - but know that we appreciate everything that everyone is doing for us.  We would be lost without you all!  Hope you continue to keep us in your prayers as we move to the next stage.

God bless you all!

Love
Karen and family